5.30.2008

Friday, May 30th, 2008

The family takes off school and work to be together. We begin calling surgeons, to find out who is the best, trying to be seen as soon as possible. We also begin the heart wrenching process of telling all our friends, coworkers and family members “the news.” It seems unreal; everyone is shocked and says I am too young. Everyone wants to know what they can do to help. The only thing I ask for is to be put on prayer lists. My best friend Beth’s husband Jason starts a facebook group: “I Will Pray for Angie Emond.” We end up with almost 300 members. From then on my best friend Sam, who lives out of state, updates the page whenever my mom is unable to do so.

My mom calls her longtime urologist, asking for his recommendations. He pulls some strings for us, and we make some appointments. We talk to a surgeon from Beaumont, my mom’s urologist says the surgeon isn’t qualified. He suggests University of Michigan. We plan to stay the night at my parents’ house before my MRI.

No comments:

Post a Comment