1.28.2009

Wednesday, January 28th, 2008

I wake up to beautiful roses on the table and a tiny little gift box lying next to them. A card with my name on it is propped up beside the vase. Today is mine and Ryan’s third wedding anniversary. I am reminded how strange it is that we have been through so much in such a short time. I read the words Ryan has written to me and my eyes fill with tears. I am humbled by and grateful for the strength of our love. Ryan’s care for me has been immeasurable. I can tell that the gift box holds a Pandora charm and I am expecting an inexpensive silver present shaped one. When I open it, however I find the beautiful wedding cake, topped with a miniature gold heart. I call Ryan and thank him, telling him he shouldn’t have bought it for me, that we can’t afford it. He tells me I am worth it. I am happy to have had this bright spot in my day. This past round of chemo was difficult for me. The mouth sores were especially painful. The next round starts Monday, February 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment